Job Title: Restaurant Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for a dedicated, creative restaurant manager to join our team. The responsibilities of the restaurant manager include managing food and beverage operations and standards, adhering to budgets, hiring and training food and beverage staff, and handling customer complaints.
To be a successful restaurant manager, you should have excellent customer service and problem-solving skills, as well as experience with designing menus. Ultimately, a restaurant manager should be skilled at ordering just the right amount of inventory to last until the next delivery.
1. Oversea the dining area, supervises food and beverage service staff in accordance with operating policies that he or she may help establish.
2. Creates a positive team atmosphere among Team Members.
3. Maintains records of staff periodic manner and operating costs.
4. Provides feedback and coaching to the Team regularly.
5. Understands building capability through Cross training
6. Treats all Team Members fairly, with respect.
7. Sets high standards for appropriate team behavior on shift.
8. Works with food and beverage staff to ensure proper food presentation and proper food-handling procedures.
9. Capable to handle guest complaints with a professional friendly/calm attitude.
10. Schedules periodic food and beverage service staff meetings to ensure correct interpretation of policies and obtain feedback from staff members.
11. Check the quality of deliveries of fresh food and baked goods.
12. Meet with sales representatives to order supplies such as tableware, cooking utensils, and cleaning items.
Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and other services.
Total receipts and balance against sales, deposit receipts, and lock facility at end of day.
Ensures new products are executed properly the following roll-out.
Ensures product quality and great service.
Shows enthusiasm about guest within the restaurant.
Is flexible in dealing with changes/problems (e.g., being short staffed).
Has effectively forecasted restaurant needs.
Shifts priorities and goals as work demands change.
Priorities tasks effectively to ensure most important tasks are completed on time.
Delegates and follow-up effectively.
Taking Ownership of issues or tasks.
Seeks, listens and responds to Guest feedback.
Coaches team on how to exceed Guest expectations.
Does not blame others; takes accountability for problems.
Effectively identifies restaurant problems through reports and can ideate & execute to resolve the same.
Proficiency in using computer software to monitor inventory, track staff schedules and perform other record keeping tasks.
Proficiency in Point of sale software and inventory software.
Assist in planning regular and special event Menu
Ensure optimal cleanliness and safety procedures in efficient working.
Assist various departments in selection process and provide guidance to staff members according to company’s rules.
Monitor all local sanitation and healthcare systems to satisfy customers.
Maintain an inventory for all food and beverages.
Ensure compliance to all company rules.
Managing daily food and beverage operations.
Following food and safety regulations.
Hiring, training, and managing food and beverage staff.
Degree, High schooling or one year’s Diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent.
Has effectively managed Team Members for 12+ months.
Previous experience in similar Job role.
All qualified applicants should send their CV’s to email@example.com or via WhatsApp +233 244 375 432